My list of things to do. Stay tuned!


Make a hollow book
Sew a quilt out of T-shirts
Make mittens out of old sweaters
Cook more with whole grains
Make framed jewelry holder
Make shirt embellishments
Sew window curtains

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alfredo Delicious


Tonight we experimented with homemade Alfredo Sauce! Here is the recipe we used:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups freshly grated romano cheese
  • 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
  • fresh pepper to taste

The cheapest place we've found cheese is actually Whole Foods, so that is where this lovely cheese is from. For 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, you will need a block that is roughly a third of a pound.
After melting the butter in our double boiler, we added the cream.
Since my hands swell up from raw shrimp, my DH did the peeling honors.
We didn't have any fettuccine but the next best thing is whole grain rotini! We wisked the cheese in for probably ten minutes so we wouldn't have chunks. It also thickened nicely once it cooled slightly.
The finished product was delicious! Very cheesy, rich and not healthy at all! I was going to add a healthy veggie on the side, but it got vetoed. We'll eat our veggies tomorrow.
And here is my late afternoon treat and I just had to share the recipe with you all. These are my favorite cookies of all time : White Chocolate, Strawberry, and Oatmeal Cookies
In our house, we like to make a full batch of cookie dough, scoop out all the portions and throw them in the freezer. We can have a fresh cookie or two whenever we feel like it and only heat up the toaster oven to do it. I feel like that was one of my best ideas EVER. At least I think it's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment