My list of things to do. Stay tuned!


Make a hollow book
Sew a quilt out of T-shirts
Make mittens out of old sweaters
Cook more with whole grains
Make framed jewelry holder
Make shirt embellishments
Sew window curtains

Friday, April 1, 2011

Homemade Granola

One of my favorite snacks is granola. I like being able to control what is in the food I eat so I decided to make my granola myself. I have been enjoying this recipe for quite some time now and have made a few adjustments to my liking. It has been adapted from joyofbaking.com.

Homemade Granola Recipe:

3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)

1 cup chopped or slivered raw almonds

1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds

2 tablespoons wheat germ

1 tablespoon flax seed

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoonsalt

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1/2 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade A Dark Amber)


I chopped up my whole almonds.
Definitely use pure maple syrup! It is so much better for you and taste better too.
Mix all your dry ingredients.
Separately mix together the syrup and melted butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
Cover cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper and evenly layer the granola. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes (depending on how done you like it), stirring it every 15 minutes. If you like it crunchy, watch it closely! It will go from done to burnt very quickly. Let the granola cool, break up the chunks and store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment