My list of things to do. Stay tuned!


Make a hollow book
Sew a quilt out of T-shirts
Make mittens out of old sweaters
Cook more with whole grains
Make framed jewelry holder
Make shirt embellishments
Sew window curtains

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Car Seat Cover

I saw a friend with a car seat cover and thought it was a great idea. My daughter is too big now for this size car seat but another bundle of joy came along two weeks ago to a friend so I thought it was a great reason to give the car seat cover a try!
Sorry I can't figure out how to flip the picture around.
I ended up doing roughly 35in x 35in with the top fabric slightly longer to give room for one more seam. I cut the top panel in half to sew on the loops, put the other panel on the back and went around the edges with the green fabric. I was going to use velcro for the loops, but I bought the one kind that was not recommended for fabrics! Luckily I was already borrowing a friend's pliers and snap assortment, so I just threw some snaps on. I also did stitch in the ditch of the middle seam so the inside fabric wasn't falling into the baby's face. All in all I think it turned out pretty well. Hopefully little Logan will sleep like a baby inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment